Employment law is one of the firm's main focuses. "Employment law" refers to the huge body of federal, state and local statutes, regulations and cases governing the workplace. Whether your situation involves harassment, discrimination, wrongful discharge, non-competition disputes, employment contract issues, wage-and-hour issues, or any other issue involving the workplace, the attorneys at Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC can help.
Many law firms describe generally the various areas of employment law. We think it is better simply to tell you about some of the actual representations we have handled recently. A representative sample of the matters we have handled recently include:
- Federal court lawsuit of race discrimination by an African-American store manager against a national retail chain;
- Federal court lawsuit of race discrimination by an African-American IT professional against a financial-services company
- Federal court lawsuit of sexual harassment by a waitress against a regional restaurant chain;
- Federal court lawsuit of sexual harassment by a receptionist against a medical-technology company;
- State court defense of sales executive accused of violating his non-competition agreement with a former employer;
- State court defense of certified public accountant accused of violating his non-competition agreement with his former partners;
- Negotiation of severance and release of non-compete on behalf of bank president discharged without cause by bank's board of directors;
- Negotiation of severance on behalf of senior government official discharged without cause by state agency
- Representation of senior government official threatened with unfair demotion and discipline by county government;
- Representation of senior government official threatened with unfair discharge by city government
- Negotiation of physicians' employment agreements with over 20 different medical practices and hospitals
- Federal court lawsuit on behalf of senior police officials against their city for First Amendment retaliation;
- Federal court lawsuit on behalf of two female managers for unequal pay against a convenience store chain;
- State court lawsuit on behalf of financial-services executive for wrongful discharge;
- State court lawsuit on behalf of stock broker for defamation by former employer;
- Mediation of disability discrimination claim by saleswoman with multiple sclerosis;
- EEOC Charge of pregnancy discrimination by a waitress against a small restaurant chain;
- EEOC Charge of national-origin discrimination by an assistant manager against a national retail chain;
- EEOC Charge of gender discrimination by two resort staff-members against a nationally-known resort;
- Negotiation of settlement of unpaid overtime pay claims against regional auto-parts chain;
- Federal court lawsuit for unpaid overtime claim by former heavy-equipment mechanic
- Negotiation of settlement of age discrimination claim by senior sales executive against medical-technology firm
John E. Davidson, Esq. leads our firm's employment law practice.
For his biography, click here.
If you have any questions please call us at (434) 972-9600 or contact us.
Davidson and Kitzmann, PLC
211 E. High Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
Tel: (434) 972-9600
Fax: (434) 220-0011
Charlottesville Divorce and Family Law Site
Laws, cases, and news regarding divorce, family law, and collaborative law.
Charlottesville Divorce and Family Law Blog
Insights and commentary on divorce, family law, and collaborative law.
We are a Charlottesville, Va law firm, but our lawyers handle cases in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Madison County, Orange County, Richmond, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County, and across Virginia.