Protect your rights. Do not take chances with your freedom. If you or a loved one is facing felony charges in Virginia, call (434) 972-9600 to schedule a consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney at Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC.
Cases we HandleWe provide aggressive defense against felony charges including:
- drug charges
- assault, battery
- white collar crimes such as embezzlement, theft, fraud, and computer crimes
Our ExperienceTo protect your rights and preserve your freedom, you need a knowledgeable defense team that can review and challenge the government's case. Our attorneys have extensive experience in defending clients in all state and federal courts. We have the ability to evaluate the strength of the prosecutor's case, and how to negotiate for lesser charges or obtain alternative sentencing options. In the event a resolution acceptable to the client is not available, the firm has extensive and successful experience in defending criminal cases at the trial and appeal level. Our experience includes trials of the simplest misdemeanor cases to trials of complex felony cases. Our attorneys have over 15 years of experience, and routinely handle criminal cases in state and federal court.
Possible SentencesA felony conviction can result in a loss of basic constitutional rights, including the right to vote and the right to own a firearm. A felony conviction can also result in a significant jail or prison sentence.
In Virginia, there are six classes of felonies, the maximum sentence for each is specified below:
- Virginia Class 1 felony: death or life imprisonment and possibly, $100,000 fine;
- Virginia Class 2 felony: life imprisonment or 20 years in prison and possibly, $100,000 fine;
- Virginia Class 3 felony: not less than five, no more than 20 years in prison, and possibly, $100,000 fine;
- Virginia Class 4 felony: not less than two years, no more than 10 years in prison, and possibly, $100,000 fine;
- Virginia Class 5 felony: not less than one year, no more than 10 years in prison (this charge does carry the possibility of no more than 12 months in jail and no more than $2,500 fine);
- Virginia Class 6 felony: not less than one year, no more than five years in prison (this charge does carry the possibility of no more than 12 months in jail and no more than $2,500 fine).
Contact UsIf you are facing criminal allegations, we are prepared to stand up for your rights. Call us today at (434) 972-9600 or contact us online.
Davidson and Kitzmann, PLC
211 E. High Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
Tel: (434) 972-9600
Fax: (434) 220-0011
We are a Charlottesville, Va law firm, but our lawyers handle cases in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Madison County, Orange County, Richmond, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County, and across Virginia.