Our ExperienceWe are proud of our appellate experience. Appellate advocacy depends heavily on excellent writing skills and legal analysis. Our attorneys have served as editors of premier legal journals, have authored scholarly pieces for law reviews, and have been retained by other lawyers specifically for the purpose of using our appellate experience to assist them. We use our appellate experience and skills both to protect clients we have represented at the trial level and also to help new clients who have had other lawyers represent them at the trial level. Below is a sample of the appeals cases we have handled:
- Pascarella v. McCoy, 011 Va. App. LEXIS 8 (2011)
- Vanderveer v. Vanderveer, 2004 Va. App. LEXIS 459 (2004)
- Lightburn v. Lightburn, 2009 Va. App. LEXIS 459 (2009)
- Duva v. Duva, 55 Va. App. 286 (2009)
- Chauncey F. Hutter, Inc. v. Va. Empl. Comm'n, 50 Va. App. 590 (2009)
- Concannon v. Gladstone, 2007 Va. App. LEXIS 192 (2007)
- Parish v. Commonwealth, 56 Va. App. 324 (2010)
- Jones v. Va. Oil Co., Inc., 69 Fed. Appx. 633 (4th Cir. 2003)
- Jiminez v. Vaughan, 341 Fed. Appx. 890 (4th Cir. 2009)
- United States v. White, 165 Fed. Appx. 254 (4th Cir. 2006)
- McIntyre v. AETNA Life Ins. Co., 581 F.Supp.2d 749 (2008)
Cases We HandleOur lawyers handle appeals of family law, criminal, employment, and other types of cases to the Supreme Court of Virginia, the Virginia Court of Appeals, Circuit Courts, and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your case, and are considering an appeal, or if your adversary has filed an appeal, please call us at (434) 972-9600 or contact us.
Davidson and Kitzmann, PLC
211 E. High Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
Tel: (434) 972-9600
Fax: (434) 220-0011
Charlottesville Divorce and Family Law Site
Laws, cases, and news regarding divorce, family law, and collaborative law.
Charlottesville Divorce and Family Law Blog
Insights and commentary on divorce, family law, and collaborative law.
We are a Charlottesville, Va law firm, but our lawyers handle cases in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Madison County, Orange County, Richmond, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County, and across Virginia.