Fighting for Your Employment Rights
The attorneys at Davidson & Kitzmann are proud to represent individuals in a full range of employment disputes including recovering unpaid commissions, minimum wage and overtime claims, FMLA, whistleblower claims, retaliation, sexual harassment, negotiating employment contracts, non-compete and confidentiality agreements, severance agreements, discrimination, and more. No case is too big or too small: we represent an array of clients - from executives to academics, middle management, and workers making less than minimum wage. Depending on the nature of your case, we offer representation on a contingent-fee basis. Contact us today for a confidential consultation.
Cases We HandleOur law firm has very extensive experience handling all types of employment law matters including:
- Wrongful termination
- Sexual harassment
- Race, gender, religious, age, national origin, and disability discrimination
- Whistleblower/Qui Tam
- Pension and benefits issues, including ERISA claims
- Unpaid wages and overtime
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Severance Negotiations
- Executive Contracts
- Employment Issues
- Board of Medicine Disciplinary Issues
- General Counsel
Selected Case Results
- Won a whistleblower claim involving a doctor fired for refusing to commit Medicaid fraud
- Obtained back pay for a group of bus drivers not paid for their overtime hours
- Obtained retractions, apologies, and compensation from, multiple former employers and supervisors for defamation of former employees in job references and otherwise
- Obtained unpaid incentive bonuses and accelerated vesting of stock options for a terminated chief executive officer
- Won a grievance hearing and obtained the reversal of a suspension of a state employee and the removal of any discipline from his personnel file
- Established the unenforceability of multiple non-competition agreements
- Settled an Equal Pay Act claim for a female university administrator paid less than similarly-situated males
- Reviewed and negotiated many physician contracts, ranging from physicians just finishing training to physicians taking leadership positions at major research universities, as well as mid-career physicians
- Obtained the reinstatement of a nurse who had been fired by her hospital
- Obtained back pay for nurses who worked unpaid overtime hours
- Protected the medical license, hospital privileges, and employment of a physician following a false allegation of patient sexual abuse
- Represented a physician falsely accused by prosecutors of Medicare "upcoding fraud"
- Protected the licenses of a nurses following charges of drug diversion and HIPPA violations
- Protected the license of a pharmacist accused before the Board of Pharmacy of submitting false information in his licensure application
- Won the reversal of a licensure suspension before the Board of Nursing
- Secured ERISA disability benefits for a disabled pilot, a sick insurance executive, and an injured medical professional, after their employers' disability insurance carriers refused to pay
Personalized AttentionWe have an outstanding record of saving jobs and careers, solving workplace problems, and of obtaining significant financial compensation for harassed, mistreated, and wrongfully discharged employees.
We approach each case based on the facts, the law, and the client's goals. The firm strongly values communication, takes an individualized approach to each case, and believes that teamwork, both within the firm and with clients, is essential to success. The firm educates clients on the law and how it applies to the specific facts of their case, explains the available options, and guides them through the process of selecting the one that is best for them.
Whether you have been discriminated against at work, wrongfully denied compensation, have a whistleblower claim or need an employment contract, please call us at (434) 972-9600 or contact us using the form below.
John E. Davidson, Esq. leads our firm's employment law practice. For his biography, click here.
If you have questions about employment law or you want to protect your rights, call us today at (434) 972-9600 or contact us.
Davidson and Kitzmann, PLC
211 E High Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
Tel: (434) 972-9600
Fax: (434) 220-0011
We are located in Charlottesville, but our lawyers handle cases in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Madison County, Orange County, Richmond, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County, and across Virginia.