Mr. Davidson's practice spans the areas of employment law, appeals, and trials of all kinds, with an emphasis on federal court litigation, including complex civil and white-collar criminal matters. He also handles all matters for Physicians, including employment, contracts, disciplinary and licensure issues.
Mr. Davidson is a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was a member of the Virginia Law Review. Upon graduation, the faculty awarded him the Earle K. Shawe Labor Relations Award as the graduate with the greatest promise in the field of labor relations. Following a clerkship with a federal judge, Mr. Davidson practiced with a large national law firm, McGuireWoods LLP, where he was a defense lawyer for publicly-traded corporations, insurance companies, banks and government entities. In 2000, Mr. Davidson co-founded Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC, expanding his practice to include the representation of individuals.
Mr. Davidson is an adjunct faculty member at the University of Virginia School of Law, where he has taught for 16 consecutive academic years. He teaches Trial Advocacy in the fall semester and Employment Law: Principles and Practice in the spring semester.
By invitation, Mr. Davidson is a permanent member of the Judicial Conference of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. The Fourth Circuit has appointed him to his current four-year terms on the court’s Appellate Panel and Capital Panel.
For many years, Mr. Davidson has been rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating for skill and ethics that organization gives, and has been listed in Best Lawyers in America®. Also for many years, Mr. Davidson has been named a Legal Elite® by Virginia Business magazine, one of the “Top Attorneys in Virginia” by Richmond magazine, and a “Virginia SuperLawyer”® by SuperLawyers.*
Mr. Davidson is a frequent lecturer on a variety of legal topics and often teaches continuing legal education courses to other lawyers. Recent CLEs taught include classes on the use of expert witnesses in complex litigation, on appellate brief-writing, ethics, physician and executive employment contracts, and sexual harassment. He has published in the Virginia Law Review, the George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal, and the Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Davidson has served and continues to serve in a variety of civic and leadership positions. A representative sample includes:
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, First United Methodist Church (Charlottesville)
- Vice-Chairman, Appellate Practice Section, Virginia Bar Association
- Board Member and Head Elementary Coach, Cavalier Wrestling Club
- Board Member, Thomas C. Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership at the University of Virginia
- Board of Governors, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Member, Carson Raymond Foundation
- Board of Governors, Piedmont Virginia Community College (2000-2008)
- Board, Charlottesville Corps of The Salvation Army (1998-2008)
* These resulted from opinion surveys of lawyers and judges. No guarantees of result or scientific comparisons to others are intended or implied. All cases depend upon their factual and legal merit. All potential clients and clients are urged to conduct their own investigation to select the attorney with whom they feel comfortable.
To schedule a consultation with Mr. Davidson, please contact us.
Davidson and Kitzmann, PLC
211 E. High Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
Tel: (434) 972-9600
Fax: (434) 220-0011
We are located in Charlottesville, but our lawyers handle cases in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Madison County, Orange County, Richmond, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County, and across Virginia.